"I am European - that’s my place to be…" is multicultural Youth Exchange in which involved 32 participants from developing European countries as Turkey, Estonia, Cyprus, Lithuania, Slovenia and Poland
The project was organized in frames of programme Youth In Action with support of of Estonian NA www.euroopanoored.ee
The idea of the project: 2013 is declared the year of European citizen.
But what does it mean for young people? What is their attitude to status European?
We would like to organize the youth exchange where the young European inhabitants will share with their opinions about it. Do they know what kind of opportunities gives the status “inhabitant of the Europe”?
As a tool we offer to participants develop and create the non-formal open and interactive Blog which will focus on young Europeans. The main idea of this Blog is give the possibility to European active inhabitants share with different news which is happening in their countries. It will be a “Place” where they can post messages, write opinions, information, campaigns, upload videos and photos. There could be make up forum, journal and other options which could be added after youth exchange by other youth who will be involved on this Blog in future. Also, each participant in the project will have the private account in the Blog as a diary. This private diary will play role as a self-assessment for participants. The one more idea of this Blog is after the project disseminates among other young Europeans it and organize as a huge non-formal network between different countries. Nowadays Internet has enough resources for making waves when the activity of the project ends.
During this project we offer to participants develop their digital and social skills, be a part of different researches in Estonia, participate in workshops of creating Blog and present the result (Europeans non-formal Blog) in one of the school in Estonia, to young Europeans. Moreover, we are planning that after the project national groups will spread this Blog between other youngsters and explain to everyone if you have an idea and you would like to change something, you can organize the project, find the method and create it. Each of us can change something, solve the problem and get the result. We hope, that this Youth exchange could be the first step for some European youth residents to realize their ideas in action.
Aim: To expand the level of cooperation and non-formal communication between youngsters of European union (Programme countries YiA, ecpecially developing countries in EU)
* To improve and to systematize the partnerships between programme countries and European youngsters in general (especially involve to that process developing European countries where youth do not feel themselves as Europeans)
* To create new informative non-formal Blog for Europeans where youngsters could share their new, ideas, thoughts, useful information etc.
* To expand knowledge of participants about Europe and European countries in general.
* To disseminate Blog in European youth as much as possible
* To transfer the experience which will be gained at all stages of the project (impact for the new ideas)
* Self-assessment process: to think what is my role in the European union, what abilities do I have as a member of European union etc.
* Presentation of YiA programme as a tool of showing European priorities and values.
* To multiply creative and communication skills, to foster cultural understanding between young people in European countries.
* Team building and ice breaking activities.
* Brain storming (on all stages of the Blog preparation and dissemination)
* Workshops (Blog creation)
* Business plan (the future of the Blog, how to make it life)
* Group work
* Simulation game (Court)
* Debates * Discussions (during the sessions)
* Social reality (interview)
* Video (home task)
* Game-Quez (intercultural evening)
* Creative laboratories (Work on the Blog, sessions "Ideal Europe")
Photos from project
Flash mob on the TELEPURK national server
Home assignments from participants